Support & Training
Training & Support
“It’s our job to do everything we can to help you, your family and the child that you care for.”
This means anything from educational support to foster carer support and training that’s suited to your placement. Support includes:
- Regular visits from your social worker. 24 hour telephone support from social work staff.
- Fostering fees and allowances that recognise your skills and commitment.
- Regular support group meetings with other foster carers held at the local office
- A comprehensive training programme via independent training, face to face training within the agency and online training to suit your needs.
- Regular social activities for you and fun days for your family and the children you look after.
- Up to 14 nights paid respite per year.
- Consultations and training with qualified therapists.
“I feel like part of the Match family. I know everyone on the team and they know me. Some people in care would say that they don’t want a social worker in their lives, I don’t feel like that.Foster Child More testimonials »